March 3, 2010

Baby Watch Begins

This next week we have a two year old doe who is due to kid, her name is Zippora or Zippi. She is 1/2 Nubian and 1/2 Boer. Zippi looks just like a Boer with her red head and white body, but her frame is like her mama Annie, with thin legs and a dainty head and of course those lovely, long, lop, ears. She was a triplet with two sisters Naomi and Ruth. Ruth, sadly, had to be put down last year not to long after her first birthday.
I'm hoping for two little girls with brown and gray coloring like their dad. But I'll be happy with whatever we get, what I really want though is to not have a night like the one I had last year with Zippi's mom. I was up from about 1:30ish am to 3:30ish am, first their was one trying to come out crooked and butt first, then another butt first, and then finally some feet (back feet but still feet). Did I mention I was a total mess after this? It would be nice to have an easy birthing season but who am I kidding (haha) that's only in my dreams.

Oh I almost forgot, here is a picture of Ms. Zippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You've reached Rebeccah's blog, please leave a message after the typed beep,.......BEEP!........lol