March 6, 2010

Final Days

This is a poem about the last days of Jesus that I wrote in February of last year, since Easter is coming up i thought you guys might like to read it. enjoy.

Final Days:
I pray in a garden
My closest friends are with me
They are sleeping,
They don’t realize what’s to happen
Suddenly I hear it, voices, noise
I see their lights
I wake my friends
The group comes nearer, I see their leader
Again friend, or so I thought
I knew this would happen
He comes to me, kisses my cheek, looks at me and backs away
Betrayed by one of twelve
It had to happen, as the prophets said
The Eleven begin to fight, I tell them no
I say I must go, that it must happen
They take me to the town
When morning comes the crowds are great
They shout at the solders, and at their leader
I say not a word when he speaks to me
He asks but I do not answer
I stand before the crowd, they shout crucify, crucify, as I stand as silent as a lamb
They take me away, they torture me
When I can barely stand they put a cross upon my back
They yell at me, telling me to go
I stager along, then I fall, it seems as though I can’t go on
The solders find a man in the crowd; they make him carry my cross
I stagger up, the cruel whip lashing my back, I continue on
I near the hill, the place of the skull
They knock me down; splinters dig into my torn flesh
With huge spikes they nail me down
I hang here, moaning in pain
I cry to my father, to forgive them for what they are doing
To my right and my left hang two men, one mocks me like the others
The other, says no we deserve this he has done no wrong
I turn to him and say today you will be with me in paradise
I tell my closest friend, the one who stuck by me though it all, take care of my mother
With a final groan I let go of this world, I give up my spirit
I look down on the scene from above, the sky is dark,
From where I am I see why, demons cloud the air but only I can see them
They think they have won, but they have lost
I stay in my home for a while, three days of their time, then I return
I come out of the tomb were they laid my body, an angel moved the stone for me
I hear a woman coming, I hide, my angel talks with her, he sends her to go to get the eleven
I talk to them and eat with them to show that I am real; I stay with them for forty of their days
Then I tell them I must go but I will come again, and while I'm away I will build them a home
I say goodbye, promising that I will come again even though I do not know the time or the place
I ascend, going through clouds that hide me from view
My Father welcomes me home
Again I stay for a while, my Father says soon I will return but not yet.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem Rebecca!
    If you have some time I'd love it if you could stop over at my blog!
    God Bless,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing poem! It was wonderful to read!

    I am fairly new to blogging, I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

    Blessings,
    An Organized Teen

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You've reached Rebeccah's blog, please leave a message after the typed beep,.......BEEP!........lol