September 4, 2011

Note To Self:

Don't ever wear shorts to pick up hay, especially when there is lespedeza and red top mixed in.
3 hours, 2 trips back to the barn, and 150 bales later my legs are tore up. (looks worse in person)

 (yes, those socks are mismatched and yes, I did that on purpose)


Mom said that grandpa wouldn't helping so I would drive the truck and the boys would throw the bales on the truck, well that didn't happen lol. Grandpa insisted on going out to the field even though he really shouldn't have, so he drove the truck and trailer and I picked up hay with the boys. Not that I minded, I just would have rather had jeans on. For some reason Dad invited our youth pastor to pick up hay with us. He doesn't seem to have the ability to stop talking lol. I'm not kidding he had to have talked for 3 hours straight. Anyway we made it though Friday and probably created a monster in the process, oh well, his wife can deal with him now lol.

On the second trip back to grandpa's barn with the trailer full of hay, John rode on top of the hay stacked 5 or 6 bales high.
I called it a "red neck roller coaster" who needs 6 flags when you have a hay trailer and a winding country road? :)

We had to pick the hottest day to pick up hay didn't we? September 2nd and it was 102* out. Fortunatly there was a breeze but still, it was hot. Of course now, 2 days later, you almost need a jacket on outside. I'll probably be wearing on tonight at the bonfire down by the river. Makes me think of the song Bonfire by Craig Morgan:

 You can see it from the river
to the top of white pine ridge
burning like a summer sun
a bunch of rednecks getting half lit
there's mud-covered trucks and SUVs
cranking up hank and ac/dc

 At the bonfire, out in the sticks
country backwoods, homegrown hicks
bonfire, dance a little jig,
hold up your cup and take another swig
won't sleep til dawn, party right down to the wire
at the bonfire

I'm gonna go change out of my Sunday clothes now and go water the horses, I'll see ya'll at the river tonight :)



1 comment:

  1. Your poor legs :( i wear mixed matched socks on purpose to ~:o)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You've reached Rebeccah's blog, please leave a message after the typed beep,.......BEEP!........lol