May 13, 2010

Apparently I don't post enough so.......

Well this weeks been pretty good, Thursday my first mama goat, Annie, had her set of kids for the year. She had three little girls (YAY!!!), out of her 11 babies that she's had only 2 have been boys (another YAY!!!). We named them Martha, Priscilla, and Sapphira. So far she's been giving a gallon a day and her udder is huge lol. That makes her the second out of four goats due this spring, and I'm really starting to wish we had a milking machine lol. Darth Vader and Han Solo are growing good they each weigh about 20lbs now and have been off milk for about a week and are doing great (even though they think they're going to starve when their little aunts are getting bottles).

 A few weeks ago we got four sheep, 2 adult ewes, 1 ewe lamb, and 1 ram lamb. The brown ewe lamb's name is Bambi, the little white ram is Lamb Chop( my brother keeps messing up and calling him *pork* chop, I see a future pig's name here lol), and the ewe that isn't the mama is named Agnes after a book that we have that is about a this lady's crazy pet sheep. The mama ewe doesn't yet have a name because we can't think of one that fits her, poor girl just gets called "mama". Sarah Beth likes to pet them through the fence, I wish you could hear her say " Hi Bambi, Hi Lamb Chop!" It's so adorable.

It's sure been raining a bunch out here but fortunately our house is up on the side of a valley so at least the water can't get to us. Our joke is that if we got flooded you'd need an ark. lol it's sure making the fields nice and green though and the goats are really enjoying that, I'll have to get a picture of all 14, soon to be 19, of them munching in the pasture sometime, they look so pretty against the green grass.
 Oh and here's a picture of what Cassie looked like a week ago, and she's still pregnant now. I hope she has them tomorrow because there's a book sale that I would really like to go to on Friday lol

2 comments:

  1. Don't u love it when u get triplet girls?!?! I had a doe give me triplet does this year. I was SO excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES! I love it :) this is that mama's second set of three girls, she's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You've reached Rebeccah's blog, please leave a message after the typed beep,.......BEEP!........lol