January 24, 2009

January 20, 2009

The chains of yesterday surround me; I yearn for peace and rest I don’t want to end up were you found me. And it echoes in my mind, keeps me awake at night… ”
–East and West. Casting Crowns

Seems like today all I can think about is the past, all the things I wish that I had done different. Even though I know you can’t change the things that have already happened, I still find myself going over things from the past weeks wondering if I had done something different, if maybe, just maybe things would have turned out another way. So I have to keep reminding myself that “All things work together for the good of those who love Him.” Everything happens for a reason, nothing is by chance, and just because we might not see that reason at the time doesn’t mean it isn’t there. So when the reasons for the way things are happening don’t seem clear, look to God for help. Don’t try to rely on yourself because that’s not what we were designed for, we were made to need Him.

“Sometimes the sun stays hidden for years, sometimes the sky rains night after night, when will it clear? But our hope endures the worst of conditions, it’s more than our optimism, Let the earth quake, our hope is unchanged.”
-Our Hope Endures. Natalie Grant

It's been a bad day; you’ve been looking back, and all you can see is everything you wish you could take back. All your mistakes, a world of regrets, all of those moments you would rather forget.
I know it's hard to believe, Let me refresh your memory.
Yesterday is history, and history is miles away. So, leave it all behind you. But let it always remind you of the day, the day that love made history.
You know you can't stay right where you fell. The hardest part is forgiving yourself
But let's take a walk into today, and don't let your past get in the way.
Would you believe that you are history in the making, in the making? Every choice that you are making, every step that you are taking, every chain that you are breaking, History is in the making.
-History. Mathew West

1 comment:

  1. very well said.Could not be said any better than that.You are off to a great start.I love it already.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! You've reached Rebeccah's blog, please leave a message after the typed beep,.......BEEP!........lol